- The Brother CS6000i offers more than 60 different stitches to choose from, including 27 that are designed specifically for sewing and repairing clothes.
- The included stop/start button allows this sewing machine to be used sans the foot pedal.
- Your purchase of the machine includes 20 different accessories at no additional cost, including a hard cover, needle set, extra spool pins, and multiple feet.
- The machine is covered by a 25-year warranty from the manufacturer and free phone tech support for the life of the unit.
Brother International has painstakingly developed an international reputation for quality and reliability. Their current product lines range from commercial and home sewing machines to high-quality printers, and the Brother CS6000i (see today’s price on Amazon) represents the ideal marriage of technology and form. This computerized sewing machine is equipped with an impressive array of features that boost its functionality.
Offering more than 60 unique stitches to choose from, including a wide variety of specialty options, this sewing machine is equipped with a complementary bobbin winding system and an automatic needle threader to make setup and thread replacement simpler than ever. Its electronic variable speed control offers precise control over the speed at which you want to sew.
- There are 60 different stitch options to choose from.
- The variable speed control makes it simple to adjust sewing speed as needed.
- The included free arm makes it simple to work on collars and other curved components.
- An included oversized table makes it easy to work on large projects, like quilts.
- At times, users have found the Brother CS6000i confusing to operate, and the instruction manual was not always clearly written.
- This sewing machine is very lightweight, which means it can be easily knocked over if one isn’t careful.
Easily portable and designed to be user-friendly, the Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine offers an impressive range of quilting and sewing features, at a wallet-friendly price. Users have praised the broad array of stitches available on this model, which includes 27 stitches for making and repairing clothing, 7 stitches specifically for making buttonholes, and a variety of decorative options. The desired stitch can be chosen with the single press of a button, and the selected stitch will be displayed on the digital LCD screen.
Achieving the right sewing speed has never been simpler. This model has an adjustable speed slider on the body, which means you can use the sewing machine without a foot pedal if desired. At maximum power, it can reach a top speed of 850 stitches per minute. Threading is simpler with the CS6000i. The needle threader and bobbin winding system are automatic, which takes all of the guesswork out of the equation. To thread this machine, all you have to do is follow the numbered diagram that has been printed on the machine itself. Once pressed, the lever on the side of the sewing machine will automatically push the thread through the needle.
Among the many accessories included with the Brother CS6000i are an oversized table extension, which provides a plethora of additional space to move larger projects around as you work. There is also a built in free arm that is perfect for sewing sleeves, cuffs, and children’s clothing. The sewing surface of the machine is backlit with bright LED lights, which are particularly useful for sewing in dim lighting or on dark fabric.
Users have praised the Brother CS6000i for the many accessories it comes with. This list of accessories includes:
- Separate buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, zipper, blind stitch, button fitting, walking, and spring action quilting feet
- Extra bobbins
- An eyelet punch
- A needle set and twin needle set
- Seam ripper
- Cleaning brush
- Wide table extension
- A screwdriver
- Extra spool pins
- A protective hard cover/case
The sewing machine itself includes built-in storage for the extra accessories, and additional accessories are available for purchase for more advanced sewers. For the amount of additional accessories and features it offers, this machine represents a value that can’t be beat.
- 60 Unique built-in stitches: The Brother CS6000i includes 60 built-in sewing stitches, including...
- Automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin: This sewing and quilting machine includes an...
- Included accessories: The CS6000i includes a hard protective case, wide table, 10 sewing feet,...
- LCD Screen: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the...
The user manual for this machine is written in both Spanish and English; however, some users believe that the manual is not clearly written. On the positive side, Brother offers a 25-year warranty on each of their sewing machines, and free phone tech support is provided for the life of the machine. It should be noted that Brother does not recommend using this model in countries where 120V AC is not used, even if a voltage adapter is being used.
The Brother CS6000i is an ideal machine for both beginner and experienced hobbyist sewers. With an affordable price point and industry leading warranty, it makes a solid investment. Although the machine is marketed towards quilters, more experienced quilters have found it difficult to achieve free motion quilting because the machine has a small throat; however, if you are planning to use the sewing machine for projects other than quilting, the overwhelming majority of users say that they would recommend this model to a friend.
Last update on 2021-09-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon