- This stitch machine offers an adjustable differential feed.
- It has the ability to do chain stitches.
- The cover stitch is available in 2, 3, or 4 thread options.
- Stitch length can be adjusted between 2mm to 4mm.
- The cover stitch machine is covered by a 25-year warranty from the manufacturer.
The Brother 2340 Cover Stitch Machine is unlike any other product on the market today. It ensures that garments will always have a professional finish and offers stitch options that have previously only been available on sergers. The Brother 2340 (see today’s price on Amazon) provides a more economical alternative to purchasing a commercial grade model. Just a few of its offerings include chain stitches, triple needle cover stitches, and 6mm wide stitches – all at an impressive stitch rate of 1,000 stitches per minute. For all that it has to offer, this model is exceptionally easy to set up and use.
- When in operation, this machine is significantly quieter than other comparable models.
- In order to make stitching easy, this model features a color-coded threading system.
- With the model’s color-coded threading system and thread management guides, looper threading has never been simpler.
- Some users have reported that the machine’s manual tension release is difficult to operate because separate buttons must be pressed for each thread.
The Brother 2340 Cover Stitch Machine offers 1, 2, and 3 needle options. Designed for medium to advanced sewers, this model offers a variety of cover stitches that can be used on a wide range of fabric weights and thicknesses. Stitch length can be adjusted from 2mm to 4mm. For casual projects, this machine can be used to create chain stitches and endless combinations of decorative styles. It also works well with stretchy fabrics, like those used to make swimsuits, and with hemming inner edges.
This machine will enable the user to attach lace, hem t-shirts, attach binding and taping, do belt loop stitching, and circular hemming – amongst many other options. The cover stitch is exceptionally well-suited for use with stretchy fabrics, like knits. It should be noted that the cover stitch has been created without the use of knives (so no material is cut). This unique design enables the cover stitch to be used for hemming, cuffs, collars, and necklines, as well as decorative additions in the center of the fabric. The level of versatility that this machine offers is superb.
In terms of dimensions, this particular machine measures 13 x 15 x 13.4 inches. Because it weighs in at only 14 pounds, it is easily portable, and at top speed, it can achieve an impressive stitch rate of 1,100 stitches per minute.
Although it is more like a serger in design and operation, the Brother 2340 comes with a diverse range of accessories that one typically only sees with traditional home sewing machines. This list of accessories includes:
- Two feet for gathering and blind stitches
- An accessory bag that includes a needle set
- 4 thread nets and a pair of tweezers
- 4 spool mats and 4 spool caps
- A cleaning brush and hexagonal wrench
- A soft cover for storage
Also included with the purchase of the Brother 2340 is a well-written user’s manual with instructions written in both English and Spanish. Brother also offers toll-free tech support for the lifetime of the unit.
It is worth discussing that a small number of users have found it difficult to use the machine’s manual tension release. Because separate buttons must be pressed for each thread, up to four buttons will need to be pushed at the same time. Depending on one’s dexterity level, this may or may not be hard to accomplish.
- ADVANCED SERGER: The Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch is an advanced serger that allows you to create a...
- COLORCODED THREADING GUIDE: A builtin colorcoded threading guide helps provide precise stitching for...
- FAST AND EASY LOOPER THREADING SYSTEM: This cover stitch advanced serger features an easy and fast...
Overall, the Brother 2340 Cover Stitch Machine is a straightforward and simple machine to use. The easy color coded threading system, coupled with the user manual, practically makes it a no-fail option for many sewers. This model would be useful to have as a backup for a traditional serger. Paired with a serger, most projects would be completed rather quickly. Although it performs solidly, the 2340 is a bit pricey compared to other similar models, but if you need a cover stitch machine that can be used right out of the box, this is a good option to consider.
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon