- The Brother DZ1234 comes with a wide variety of accessories, including three different presser feet.
- At top speed, this machine can achieve an impressive stitch rate of 1,300 stitches per minute.
- The color coded threading system makes it simple to thread this Brother model.
- The differential fabric feed provides a 0.7 to 2.0 ratio on most fabrics, including lightweight knits.
- Stitch width can be adjusted between 3.0mm and 7.0mm as needed.
Without a doubt, the Brother Designio Series DZ1234 model (see today’s price on Amazon) distinguishes itself from its competitors. In addition to an exceptional stitch width control and an adjustable differential feed, this model comes with three unique presser feet and two additional starter sets of thread. Straight out of the box, you will have exactly what you need to begin creating high end, customized finishes for each of your designs. Moreover, the Brother DZ1234 offers both 3 and 4 thread capabilities.
- The extendable free arm of the DZ1234 makes it simple to sew cylindrical or continuous fabrics. This is particularly useful for creating pants legs, collars, and sleeves.
- Because this model has an adjustable stitch width, it is not difficult to create 100% flat seams on lightweight fabrics.
- For all that it has to offer, this Brother serger is incredibly compact and readily transportable.
- A certain amount of established skill is needed to make the most of what this serger has to offer.
- This machine cannot be used in countries that do not support 120V AC electrical current – even if a voltage adapter is being used.
For those who want to take their sewing projects to the next level, a serger is a must have item on the list. The Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger offers exactly what is needed in the form of fast sewing speeds, simple to use controls, and a variety of customization options. This Brother serger has 22 unique, built-in stitches, and the list of options includes 3 thread overlock, 4 thread overlock, rolled hem, narrow hem, and ribbon lock. As with most other sergers, this model should be used to create buttonholes, and it is not ideal for working with zippers. With this serger, threading the machine is a simple and straightforward process. From start to finish, the entire threading process is color coded.
For those who have never used a serger before, threading is going to involve a steep learning curve and will require some practice. Also included in one’s purchase of the serger are three different presser feet. The Gathering foot is ideal for creating skirts and dresses with a flowy silhouette. The Blind Hem foot is the preferred option for working with lightweight fabrics, and the Piping foot is designed to be used with thicker fabrics that necessitate a rigid edge. Much fuss has been made over the fact that this Brother serger can achieve a stitch rate of 1,300 stitches per minute; however, the importance of its differential feed ratio and free arm should not be overlooked. This particular model has a feed ratio of 0.7 to 2.0. This wide range boosts the quality of the stitches on all different types of fabrics, even allowing for the creation of custom lettuce edging on special fabrics. The serger’s design allows the user to choose between a free arm surface or a flat bed.
One of the most frustrating aspects of most high-end sergers is that they require users to purchase high end, specialty sewing needles. Because it is not uncommon for users to break a few needles in learning how to use the machine; however, the Brother DZ1234 uses standard home sewing needles – eliminating the need to buy more expensive options. This machine also features a retractable knife that can be employed to create rolled hems safely. A removable trim trap at the front of the machine can be used to collect scraps of fabric while cutting or serging. When not in use, the trim trap doubles as a storage compartment for the presser feet.
- METAL FRAME: The Brother Designio DZ1234 is a durable 3-4 thread serger made with a metal frame
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: A high performance 3-4 thread serger with an adjustable stitch width between 3.0mm...
- 1,300 STITCHES PER MINUTE: Create more in less time with the DZ1234's fast stitching speed of up to...
- EASY TO THREAD: Easy-to-use with color-coded thread guides, numbered upper and lower thread loopers,...
For all that it has to offer, this Brother machine is quite affordable. Because of the number of advanced features this model has to offer, it is recommended that buyers have a moderate amount of experience with sergers; however, even a brand new user will eventually be able to get the hang of using it. With its quick stitch rate and quality construction, this serger is a smart buy that will easily bring any fashion project to the next level.
Last update on 2021-03-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon