- This sewing machine has 10 unique built-in stitches, including options for stretch and zigzag stitches.
- The brightly lit LED work area makes it simple to see what you are doing.
- A built-in free arm offers the flexibility needed to hem sleeves and cuffs or to work on quilting projects.
- The quick set, jam resistant bobbin loading system ensures that the bobbin will remain in place and that stitches will be even and uniform.
Over the last 100 years, Brother has carefully crafted an international reputation as the leading purveyor of state-of-the-art products for embroidery and sewing hobbyists and enthusiasts. The Brother brand of sewing machines is well-known for their high-quality sewing machines and accessories, which offer the ideal blend of simplicity, flexibility, and affordability. In keeping with their storied history, the most recent addition to their line of sewing machines is the Brother XM1010 (see today’s price on Amazon). This model has four unique snap on feet and 10 versatile, built-in stitches. At top speed, it maxes out at 750 stitches per minute.
Aimed specifically toward new sewers, the Brother XM1010 is easy to learn and perfect for everyday sewing projects. Buyers will be hard pressed to find a machine that is more value-packed, multi purpose, or ideal for a wide range of projects.
Read on to find out more about what the Brother XM1010 has to offer!
- Because it weighs in at only 10.8 pounds, this machine is lightweight and exceptionally portable.
- An included instructional manual and bilingual owner’s manual teach users how to make the most out of their sewing machines.
- Although it lacks the features of its fancier cousins, the Brother XM1010 has one of the most affordable price tags on the market.
- The limited number of built-in stitches may not satisfy more advanced sewers.
- This machine is not suitable for use with thicker fabrics, like denim or leather.
For everyday sewing and mending, the Brother XM1010 offers an excellent value. Designed with versatility in mind, this sewing machine features 10 different built-in stitches, including options for stretch, reinforcement, decorative, zigzag, and blind hem stitches. While the limited number of stitches may not satisfy more advanced sewers, it does offer a manageable catalog of the most popular stitches for beginners. To select the stitch you want to use, all you have to do is turn the convenient dial located on the front of the machine. Each stitch option is neatly printed on the dial, so you know which one you are choosing.
The XM1010 also includes an option for making buttonholes. On this machine, the process requires four different steps, which more experienced sewers may find cumbersome, but the setup is ideal for teaching new sewers the buttonhole making process. Buttonholes are automatically sized to fit your buttons. To maximize the effectiveness of this sewing machine, Brother has built an extendable free arm into the design. This offers an ideal surface for sewing hems and cuffs.
When it comes to threading, Brother has printed an easy to follow threading diagram right onto the sewing machine. This diagram shows users exactly how to place the upper thread, wind the bobbin, and where to place the bobbin. The XM1010 features Brother’s patented quick set, drop in bobbin loading system. Its unique design ensures that the bobbin remains in place while you are sewing. The thread’s tension can easily be adjusted to suit your particular project. The handy dial will keep stitches `smooth and taut.
Another highlight of the Brother XM1010 is the fact that it includes four different snap on feet. There are options for zigzag stitches, zippers, buttonholes, and button sewing. In addition to the feet, other accessories included with a purchase of this sewing machine are:
- A darning plate
- A 3 piece needle set
- A foot controller
- A screwdriver
Because Brother wants to ensure that their users are able to make the most of their sewing machine, they have conveniently included an instructional DVD, a bilingual user’s manual (written in English and Spanish), and a quick start guide. Customer service via phone is also available for users who need technical assistance with their sewing machine.
- 10 UNIQUE BUILT-IN STITCHES: The Brother XM1010 features 10 built-in utility and decorative stitches...
- DROP-IN TOP BOBBIN: This sewing machine features a convenient, jam resistant drop-in top bobbin
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: The XM1010 comes with 4 sewing feet, instructional DVD and manual
The Brother XM1010 Sewing Machine has enjoyed positive reviews from consumers. Lightweight, sturdy, and portable, it is an excellent sewing machine for beginners or simply for those who are looking for an affordable machine. In addition to the reliability that is associated with the Brother name, this sewing machine is also backed by a 25-year warranty from the manufacturer. Combined with the affordable price, this model is a solid bet for anyone looking for a new sewing machine.
Last update on 2020-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon