- This special edition sewing machine has more than 100 built in stitches, including utility, heirloom, and decorative options.
- A built in sewing font allows users to do basic monogramming.
- A generously sized, removable table enables users to use the machine for quilting and other larger projects easily.
- The work space is brightly lit by LED bulbs, which makes it simple to use in dim lighting or with darker fabrics.
The newest addition to the world renowned Brother line of sewing machines is the Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Edition Sewing Machine. In addition to Brother’s reliable and durable design and execution, this particular sewing machine is equipped with a myriad of features that enhance its versatility and functionality. What makes this machine especially unique is the fact that it has more than 100 different built in stitches, including several options for making specialized buttonholes.
Due to its design and functionality, the Brother XR9500PRW (see today’s price on Amazon) is suitable for use with a wide variety of projects. With 140 unique stitch formations to choose from and a free arm for the easy sewing of curved pieces, it is one of the most versatile sewing machines on the market today.
- This sewing machine can be used for monogramming a wide variety of items.
- The included accessories can be conveniently stored in a hidden compartment located on the arm of the sewing machine.
- For the amount of features and power that it offers, the Brother XR9500PRW is quite affordable.
- This sewing machine is not recommended for use in countries that do not support 120V AC, even when a power adaptor is available for use.
- Because of the sheer number of features it offers, this machine is best suited for intermediate to advanced sewers.
The Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Edition Sewing Machine is jam packed full of features, but what has perhaps generated the most talk is this model’s 100 unique, built in stitches. This extensive list includes over 50 alphanumeric stitches that can be used for either monogramming or basic lettering. It can also be used in conjunction with upholstery. When compared to other sewing machines on the market with lettering fonts, this Brother model is one of the most inexpensive options available.
The amount of stitches available offers a good mix of heirloom, decorative, and utility choices. A flip stitch guide is included to help you make the right choice, and the oversized, backlit LCD screen makes it simple to choose which stitch you want to use.
Included in the list of available stitches are 8 different options for 1-step buttonholes. This convenient feature enables you to create uniform and even buttonholes each time. After attaching the buttonhole presser, the size is then adjusted to fashion customized buttonholes – depending on the size of the buttons you are using. Even beginning sewers will be able to make a buttonhole in under a minute.
The Brother XR9500PRW comes with multiple feet, including a buttonhole foot, a zipper foot, zigzag foot, overcasting foot, button sewing foot, a blind stitch foot, and a unique monogramming foot. Brother does offer multiple other feet for different techniques, like invisible zippers and bias tape binding. These must be purchased separately; however, for most intermediate sewers, the feet included with the initial purchase will suffice well until their skills develop more.
No products found.
In addition to the feet, this sewing machine comes with an excellent array of accessories. This list of items includes an accessory pouch with a needle set, an overly wide table for quilting and other large projects, extra spool pins and bobbins, a seam ripper, and a screwdriver – amongst other items. Most importantly, this sewing machine comes with a durable hard cover, which will protect it when it is being transported. Users have praised the included operation for its clear and concise instructions.
This machine tops my Brother sewing machine reviews – and for good reason! It is ideal for daily sewing projects, but it can also easily be used for more advanced applications. Overall, reviewers like the design and functionality of the machine, but also enjoyed its blending of technology and advanced features. Because of its complexity, this sewing machine is best suited for intermediate to advanced sewers. While not for everyone, it offers excellent value for the money.