Singer 4423 Review
- The Singer 9960 offers more than 600 different stitches to choose from, including 13 completely automatic, 1 step buttonholes.
- A top loading, drop in bobbin system and automatic needle threader makes setting up a project quick and easy.
- Nineteen presser feet and a wide range of additional accessories are included.
- This machine is covered by a 25-year limited warranty from Singer.
If you are searching for a heavy duty sewing machine that is capable of handling complex projects, look no further than the Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine (see today's price on Amazon). Geared towards advanced sewers, this sewing machine offers in-depth customization and automated computerized controls for users to create one of a kind creations. Its advanced capabilities even allow it to be used for complex quilting projects.
The Singer 9960 has won much praise for its advanced features, which include a needle up/down button, automatic needle threader, and automatic stitch width and length adjustment. There is even a buttonhole plate that provides a plethora of specialized stitches. In addition to the wide variety of stitches available, this model also has 25 unique needle settings, and it can be set up for twin needles.
- There are more than 600 different stitches to choose from.
- The buttonhole underplate makes short work of buttons.
- The diverse range of features this sewing machine offers makes it suitable for a wide variety of projects.
- This sewing machine is geared towards advanced sewers.
- It is more expensive than other comparable models by different manufacturers.
The Singer 9960 catches many sewers’ eyes because of the sheer number of stitch options it has to offer. In total, there are 600 patterns to choose from! The possibilities for creativity are endless. Here’s a breakdown of what it has:
- 103 unique utility sewing stitches
- 13 unique buttonhole styles
- 34 stitches for decorative sewing
- 5 different fonts for monogramming, which include 90 upper and lower case letters, numbers, and characters (The fonts offered are Script, Gothic, Outline, Italic, and Russian.)
On the top of the sewing machine is a flip chart for referencing stitches, so you don’t have to get out the user manual each time you want to use a new stitch. Stitch width and length can be easily adjusted on this machine. The maximum stitch width on the Singer 9960 is 7mm. The sheer number of stitches this model offers enable the machine to handle everything from basic basting to heavy duty quilting projects to making professional quality garments.
The buttonhole plate is another excellent feature of the 9960. Each of the buttonholes crafted by this machine are automatically sized. What this means is that the button you want to use is placed in the buttonhole presser foot, and the sewing machine itself will determine the proper width and length to suit the button. Unfortunately, oversized buttons won’t fit into the presser plate, but the machine’s user manual does include clear instructions for auto-sizing unusually sized buttons.
This machine offers a unique elongation button that will enable a user to increase most stitch sizes up to five times their initial size. Different stitches can be mixed to create individual patterns; however, because this model divides utility and decorative stitches into two separate categories, the two cannot be mixed. The Quantum Stylist will memorize stitch patterns up to 60 stitches long. This enables users to customize each stitch as desired individually. On the downside, its memory will be wiped clean each time you turn the machine off, so this must be taken into account when you are working on a project.
- Heavy duty metal frame ensures that the machine remains Still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless steel bedplate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing.Item Dimensions: 17"L x 8.25"W...
- Made in China
Other features included in the Singer 9960 include:
- A simple threading system that boasts an automatic needle threader
- An easy, top loading drop in bobbin system with a transparent cover for monitoring the amount of thread you have left
- A digital information advisor
- A wide variety of extra accessories, which includes an impressive 18 unique presser feet
- An extension table for sewing on larger projects, like quilts
- A heavy duty interior frame that ensures skip free sewing while in use
The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine has been on the market for several years now, and it has enjoyed rave reviews from both professionals and consumers alike. The combination of additional accessories (especially those presser feet!), an affordable price tag, and the extensive automation have won this machine legions of fans. Being backed by such a comprehensive warranty from Singer gives consumers the extra layer of assurance that they are buying a high-quality machine.