Singer 4432 Review
- The high rate of 1,100 stitches per minute offers faster results for serious sewers.
- The machine’s frame is made of heavy duty metal to ensure that it will not skip while in operation.
- This sewing machine offers 32 unique built-in stitches, including an option for making one step buttonholes.
- The automatic needle threader will save a considerable amount of time.
The 4432 has long been a staple of the Singer line of sewing machines. With a number of enhanced features and automatic processes, this machine is designed for intermediate to advanced sewers. Because it has 32 different built-in stitches, this sewing machine can be used to craft a wide variety of projects. Stitch width and length can easily be adjusted as needed, and an automatic reverse function makes it simpler than ever to operate.
The Singer 4432 features a foot control for adjusting the sewing speed, and built-in storage makes it convenient to access the included accessories as needed. The free arm makes short work of sewing curved surfaces, and the high presser foot lifter provides for additional clearance when you are working with bulky materials.
- This sewing machine has 32 unique built-in stitches, including options for making buttonholes and 18 different decorative stitches.
- The machine is simple to operate, and the instruction manual is written clearly and concisely.
- The stainless steel bedplate makes it simple to feed fabric evenly and smoothly while sewing.
- The price tag is similar to those of computerized sewing machines, but the 4432 does not have the added functionality found in a computerized model.
The Singer 4432 is one of the most popular mid-range sewing machines on the market today, and it has been for years – for good reason. Weighing in at around 15 pounds, it is definitely one of the heftier models on the market today, but it can still be transported as needed. In terms of dimension, this model measures 15.2 x 6.2 x 12 inches. For all of the functionality it offers, it is still compact enough to fit any standard sized work table.
Although the 4432 is primarily targeted towards intermediate sewers, its straightforward operation makes it accessible to newbie sewers as well. Because it is mechanical, users can easily navigate through its specs with a minimum amount of effort. Although some reviewers have decried the fact that this sewing machine is not computerized, its lack of technology is what makes it so accessible to a wide variety of users. For example, rather than trying to navigate through a screen of different stitch options, you can simply use a dial knob to locate the stitch you want to use.
This particular sewing machine has 32 built-in stitches, including:
- 18 decorative options
- 6 essential stitches
- 7 stretch stitches
- 1 completely automatic single step buttonhole option
What it lacks in technology enhanced features, the Singer 4432 more than makes up for with a diverse range of features designed to enhance any project’s quality. With a motor that is 60% more powerful than other comparable models, this machine can achieve an astonishing stitch rate of 1,100 stitches per minute.
Another feature of this model that has won much praise from reviewers is its fully automated needle. This is an excellent feature for anyone who hates the struggle of trying to thread small needles, especially those who have poor eyesight. To activate the threader, all you have to do is push down on a simple lever, which automatically pushes the thread through the needle’s eye. Likewise, the top loading, drop in bobbin features a clear cover, which makes it easier for you to see how much thread you have as you work.
- Extra-High Sewing Speed of 1,100 stitches per minute gives you professional speed for faster results
- Heavy Duty Interior Metal Frame ensures that the machine remains still for skip-free sewing
- Stainless Steel Bed Plate provides smooth fabric feed for even sewing
Other notable features of the Singer 4432 include its Free Arm function and 100% adjustable stitch length and width. The Free Arm feature is particularly handy to have because it allows a user to easily get into normally hard to reach places, like collars, cuffs, sleeves, and hems. To adjust stitch length and width, all you need to do is turn a single a dial.
The Singer 4432 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine has fared well in both professional and consumer written reviews. In fact, this sewing machine was the recipient of the prestigious Women’s Choice Award in 2015. Not only does it boast an affordable price tag, but it also is built with durability in mind. As with other Singer machines, it is covered by a 25-year warranty from the manufacturer. While it doesn’t have as many stitch options as its computerized cousins, it more than makes up for the difference in sheer speed and power.